Donate to the Scargill Movement
We are enormously grateful to all of our supporters, who not only enabled us to purchase the house and estate so that it could continue as a Christian centre, but who also help to sustain us on an ongoing basis.
There are two ways to donate to Scargill:
- Donate to our loan appeal fund
- Donate to our ordinary running costs
Please note that there is a different bank account for each, so it's important to choose the destination of your donation carefully:
The 'Move the Mountain' appeal
The Scargill Movement has a mountain to move. This is the debt we owe to Lee Abbey and others, who made interest-free loans to us totalling £1.05 million to enable the purchase of Scargill House and its estate in 2009. The repayments presents a massive challenge, but the future of the Scargill Movement depends upon it. If you would like to donate, there are two ways to do it; in each case, if you are a UK taxpayer, we would be very grateful if you would complete and return the appeal response form, which includes a Gift Aid declaration.
- Cheques can be sent to The Development Office at our postal address. Please be sure to complete our appeal response form
- Make a bank transfer to sort code 20-78-42, account number 13392678. Please be sure to write your name as the reference so we know where the donation has come from and can match it up with any Gift Aid declaration. Please also be sure to complete and return our appeal response form.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Revd Canon Bruce Duncan MBE, our development consultant, on 07851 737230 or email him.
How to donate to our general fund
If you would prefer to contribute to our running costs rather than the loan appeal fund, we will be very thankful for your donation. It may be easier to give online for a one-off donation; this includes a Gift Aid declaration. If you would like to pay another way or set up regular giving:
- Cheques can be sent to Scargill House at our postal address. Please be sure to complete our general response form
- Make a bank transfer to sort code 20-78-42, account number 33810402. Please be sure to write your name as the reference so we know where the donation has come from and can match it up with any Gift Aid declaration. Please also be sure to complete our general response form.
With very grateful thanks for your support.